Friday, April 6, 2012

FAME - Luis Lauro (Feat Danna Paola) "'Crushin' Muero Por Ti "


Hello and welcome to this week’s F.A.M.E!  I, Dilón, will be writing the review today, though Victoria may add her opinion.  She is busy with some intense homework.  Okay, so I am just going to jump into this one.

For this week’s FAME, I will be reviewing  "'Crushin' Muero Por Ti " by  Luis Lauro (Feat Danna Paola). (<-- click me to watch the music video).


Check out the English version too ^_^
 


I go crazy at the beginning of this song.  The start is definitely a big fan moment for me, assuming that I understand the term correctly.  It is awesome from minute one.  I am not so sure it is noticeable to other audiences, though I hope we are helping with that!  The video on YouTube says, “No statistics available,” on the stats. section, so it is hard to tell where it is most popular.  The English version is popular in Mexico and many other places around the globe, but I really think the Spanish version is more fun.  The English, when they use it, is VERY good.  They sound native when they say, “crushin’.”  That may sound like no big deal, but the short ih and uh sound for i’s and u’s does not really exist in Spanish.  In the translated video, one can tell that they are probably not American, but they hardly have an accent and they sing English very well.  Also, I must say that that is the closest to a literal translation I have ever heard in a song. Sure some things are different, but hardly, and when they are the meaning is the same.  5 stars on that score!

The style of music is right up my alley.  I love Spanish Pop.  Luis Lauro and Danna Paola are not a group though; they are just singing a duet.  I prefer the verses and “crushin’” section to the refrain though.  Not sure why, I just think it is more cute. 

As far as the music video goes, it is certainly unique!  ¡Me encanta muchísimo!  It has superb contrast and fits the cute yet sophisticated feel of the song.  The video is very relevant to the song, which is obvious when Paola is answering the phone and when butterflies chase Lauro across the screen, both of which refer to or are in the lyrics.  The line where Paola says, “He visto tantos chicos, pero todos son igual,” is awesome!!!!  (I just think it is a cool intro for her.)  It means, “I have seen so many guys, but they are all the same.)  The song just has a good meaning and it is shown through the music video’s cute style.  ¡Felicidades al director!  Happiness/congratulations/Kudos to the director of the music video! 

The attitude and expressions in the video are solid and believable- the singers were obviously having a good time.  Got to love Spanish music!  ;D

Ok, Vic here! Well, I’m sort of giving my opinion this week. I don’t really have a whole lot of spare time to write right now because I’m teaching an ESL (English as a Second Language) conversation class to a bunch of 16 year old Japanese students from Kanto International Senior High School.

I do like this song, but it doesn’t really inspire me to write much. It does sound like a great song to drive down the interstate to on a nice summer day though. I agree with Dil on everything too :) However, I’ll take some Spanish rock over Spanish Pop any day. Are there any Moderatto fans out there with me?

But, I must return to writing out my lesson plans! My students need me :) Actually, they’re so smart that they could probably teach themselves everything but proper pronunciation – those are the lesson plans I’m working on right now (How to say L’s and R’s correctly). Sayonara!

That’s all for this week’s F.A.M.E!  Thanks for reading and VOTE NEXT WEEK!!!!!  I want to see crazy numbers!  -Dilón!          

Please head on over to our Facebook page and look for the pole to vote for next week’s Friday Awesome Music & Entertainment, or just look for the pole in the top left area of this blog to cast your votes there as well. Also, feel free to leave us any comments or suggestions you may have in the comments section, through email, our Facebook page, or on Twitter. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment