Saturday, June 2, 2012

FAME - 버스커 버스커 (Busker Busker) "벚꽃 엔딩"


Welcome to the 8th episode of FAME! We’re finally back! Well … I’m (Vic) finally back at least. May was absolutely crazy! I was doing some volunteer student teaching on top of preparing for finals and my graduation. Dillon’s schedule was just about as mad too. But now I’m back for the summer at least and hopefully I’ll be doing a better job at maintaining the blog.

For this week’s FAME, I will be reviewing "벚꽃 엔딩" by 버스커 버스커 (BuskerBusker) aka “Cherry Blossom Ending”


Here's a video with English subtitles too:

Is this video cute or what?!? There are bunnies! And cartoons!!! … and those random stinky baseball players, cheerleaders, and runner that stop to listen to Busker Busker’s random roadside jam sessions. Why do all of the supposedly athletic people in the video look so out of shape? But there are bunnies and cartoons!!!

Anyways, I loved the song from the first time I listened to it. "벚꽃 엔딩" just sounds so cheery and laid back. All of my friends that I showed it to seemed to like it too and thought it was a perfect song for spring. …much like the lyrics already suggest…haha

I love the fact that the tone of the song matches the lyrics which also match the video for the most part. Jang Beom Jun has a great, distinct voice that contrasts with the music perfectly. I still don’t quite understand the whole jogging down a random dirt road then being joined by a bunch of exhausted, sweaty sports people part though. Yes, the lyrics translate to “the scattering cherry blossoms spread out on this street as we walk together”, but what does that have to do with a bunch of tired athletes? And the bunnies were a totally cute addition, but why didn’t any of the band members hold them or pet them? They didn’t even take a glance at those cute little bunnies! Why?!?!?! How can you ignore those adorable little animals? They’re so fluffy!!! Also, I don’t know how a broken down VW bus has to do with the lyrics, but it gave the video a totally groovy touch from the 60’s man. The ending of the music video was absolutely hilarious; I about died from laughing so much. I loved the fact that it was so unconventional and it actually worked with the lyrics … ok, it kinda worked with the lyrics. Trees can’t get up and go for a walk, but who’s to say that tree wasn’t an Ent? I dare you to try to disprove me! Hahaha (That’s a JRR Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings reference in case you were wondering.) The cartoon bits and regular part of the MV blending so well was also very impressive. Kudos to whoever wrote/directed/produced the whole thing.

I can’t critique the English in this MV because not one of the lyrics in the song are written in English … even though the drummer is supposedly an University English teacher from Fairfield, Ohio. Oh, don’t worry Busker Busker, I’ll be watching you – if you ever let any Engrish into your songs Mr. Moore I will know. *comically glares and uses the I’m watching you four-eyes hand gesture*

And that’s all for FAME this week. Feel free to leave us any comments or suggestions (including song suggestions for FAME) you may have in the comments section, through email, Twitter, or our Official Facebook Fan Page. Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment