Friday, February 24, 2012

Introducing FAME - Friday Awesome Music and Entertainment

F  A  M  E
r   w   u   n
i    e    s   t
d   s    i   e
a   o   c   r
y   m       t
     e       a
              i
             n
             m
             e
             n
             t


Ok. If you follow Simon and Martina from www.eatyourkimchi.com then you will know that this (FAME) sounds eerily similar to their K-pop Music Mondays, WANK (Wonderful Adventure Now Korea - the replacement to WTF [Wonderful Treasure Find] which is/was held on Wednesdays), and many other of their glorious productions. That's because I am a huge fan of their work and was inspired by them to create this weekly segment.

You would like to know more about FAME? Great! I'll tell you. Actually, I don't really know what this will develop into, but, for right now, it will be a weekly segment (hopefully I'll have the time) in which Dillon and/or I shall review music or other forms of entertainment. For right now, the reviews will only be through written blog form. Eventually, however, I would like to make it more into a video segment sort of thing. I thought about making a video to introduce this new idea, but I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately. * EXPLAIN UNDER THE WEATHER * Last week I had laryngitis off and on, and I still don't really sound like myself. So that's why I decided not to do a video intro to the new FAME series. In any case, I (we) will always be sure to include a link to the media that is reviewed when at all possible. If a link isn't available (though I highly doubt that predicament will ever arise) then the media title and all necessary production details will be listed in the review. ... Dillon and I probably have enough material to do reviews over for weeks on end - just from where we collect and keep up with so much music - on a global level. (In fact, I predict that most of the music we review shall be foreign music, and, by foreign, I mean foreign to us citizens of the USA.) However, we would love to hear your suggestions. If you ever think of a song that you would like us to review then go ahead and make a request on our Facebook page entitled "The Life and Times of a(n) ..." (http://www.facebook.com/groups/185000498269406/), on twitter @V_sLifeandTimes, or on our Youtube page "TheLifeandTimesofan".

For this Friday's Episode, I'm just going to include the two videos I uploaded that is some of my musical experiences in Korea. Some of you may have already seen them, but I wanted to include them in the blog since all of the other episodes of Snippets from the Past are already available in the blog. Now I present to you episodes 4 and 5 from my Snippets from the Past series.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UhXYNoKzFk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky-dUkKEg3E

No comments:

Post a Comment